St. Mary School-Alexandria, IN

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

History

St. Mary School has been a parish school since 1897. The school serves students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade and offers an after-school program.  It continues to be noted for its Christian values, outreach to those in need, and strong academic standards.  The family and parish communities continue to meet the needs of students in preparing them for life.

The School Sisters of Notre Dame of Milwaukee staffed the school until the fall of 2006.  This congregation's strong educational standards permeated the school’s climate and were foundational in the spirit of St. Mary's.  The current school building was built in 1987 and a Family Life Center was added in 1993. 

The school includes five classrooms, library, computer lab, resource room, gymnasium, and offices. Some of the space is shared with the parish.  A large playground and a hot lunch program support the school's curriculum.

Technology continues to be updated in the classrooms, computer lab, and in the administrative office. 

The State of Indiana and the North Central Association of Schools accredit the school.  St. Mary School is part of the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana.

 

Pastor: Father Dan Duff

Principal: Sr. Marilyn Huegerich

Email: stmary820@comcast.net